Getting to know you!

THQN Brad

Name / Handle: Walter
Games I like to play: I love strategy games like Knights of Honor, Age Of Empires and Total War although the latter is getting a little tired for their abusive DLC policy and lack of innovation.
Pets: I don't have

• Name: SonnY
  • Games I like to play: Strategies, especially medieval or WW2 ones (Stronghold, KOH, HoI4, M&B, CK II, Hegemony), some lighthearted FPS, TPS (Duke Nukem, Red Faction, CS, old CoDs, Stranglehold), action-adventures (Just Cause, GTA, Mafia, Max Payne) and occasionally some old NBA 2Ks (once in a year or two)
  • Pets: Younger brother >:)

• Name: Field Marshal
  • Games I like to play: from RTS: Knights of Honor, Europa Universalis IV, Hearts of Iron IV, Stronghold series (I, Crusader and Legends being my favs), Blitzkrieg II, Spore; from RPG: Gothic I, II and III, Risen I and III, The Witcher 3; from Platformers: Jak I, II and III, Daxter, Spyro games, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman (1, 2, 3, Origins and Legends)
  • Pets: One lazy german shepherd
  • Like 1

• Name/Handle: Toquar 
  • Games I like to play:  I loved Knights of Honor. One of the only games I played till end multiple times. For some reason I could never have the same fun with the total war series, crusader Kings etc.
  •  I am playing many diffrent games on PC And switch. Love boardgames too.
  • Pets: non

• Name/Handle? Owen?Crynoxx
  • Which Country are you from? Northern Ireland, Belfast
  • What kinds of games do you like to play? Games I tend to play are your varity games such as racer's from assetto corsa to the O.G nfs:underground to the RTS games like warcraft 3, Total War series and a stint in competive starcraft 2 (zerg is life) to the weird and quirky games like recently Orwell: Keeping an eye on you on my streams to give me something to do and keep me productive
  • Bonus Question: Do you have any pets? No because my landlord, but would be a doggo kinda guy :)

• Name/Handle? - SweenyNickat, in real life it's Yannick
  • Which Country are you from? - Germany
  • What kinds of games do you like to play? - I've always loved strategy games and city builders. Besides Knights of Honor, I really love playing Age of Empires 2, also The Guild series, ANNO, The Settlers etc.
  • Do you have any pets? - Unfortunately not.

• Name/Handle?  KelticOne
  • Which Country are you from? The United States
  • What kinds of games do you like to play? Strategy games would take up most of my playing time, but I do like roleplaying games and FPS as well. Games that I have played the most are EU4, Civilization, Crusader Kings 2
  • Bonus Question: Do you have any pets? I currently do not have any pets but would like to get a dog when I have the ability to take care of it. (work a lot)

• 3 weeks later...
  • My name is Sławek
  • Im from Poland
  • I like medieval game like Mount&Blade, Knight of Honor, Tzar, Settlers, Pretorians, Might of Magic and others like that, also I like sneaky games like Dishonored or pirate game like AC4 Black Flag.
  • I dont have any pets but im thinking about buying raccoon or cat, we shall see 🙂
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • My name is Zdenek - yea, hard to pronounce for anyone outsice of Central Europe, so call me Elvain
  • I'm from Czechoslovakia, but most of my life I live in Czechia (AKA the Czech republic)... and didn't even have to move from the country. Bad joke, I know.
  • Games? Oh... I loved KoH, the original one. Probably the biggest passion of mine for long time, spent loads of time not only on playing, but more importantly on modding and speculating about KoH2 all those years back. But I also like other games... from board games I love Carcassone and Catan by far the most... and from digital ones, Cities: Skylines, Europa Universalis series, Civilization series, Anno1404, but even more than Knights of Honor I fell in love with Crusader Kings and was bitching so much over there that you can actually see quite some of my work in CK2 now.
  • Pets? well I cultivate Roses. I know most of you don't consider plants as pets, but... well, I kinda do.
Edited by Elvain
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 11:08 PM, Elvain said:
  • My name is Zdenek - yea, hard to pronounce for anyone outsice of Central Europe, so call me Elvain
  • I'm from Czechoslovakia, but most of my life I live in Czechia (AKA the Czech republic)... and didn't even have to move from the country. Bad joke, I know.
  • Games? Oh... I loved KoH, the original one. Probably the biggest passion of mine for long time, spent loads of time not only on playing, but more importantly on modding and speculating about KoH2 all those years back. But I also like other games... from board games I love Carcassone and Catan by far the most... and from digital ones, Cities: Skylines, Europa Universalis series, Civilization series, Anno1404, but even more than Knights of Honor I fell in love with Crusader Kings and was bitching so much over there that you can actually see quite some of my work in CK2 now.
  • Pets? well I cultivate Roses. I know most of you don't consider plants as pets, but... well, I kinda do.

Hello Zdenek 🙂 I´m Pavel and I´m from CR too 😄 I love KOH like you and played some mods from you i think 🙂 

• Like 3

On 11/19/2019 at 8:26 PM, THQN Brad said:

@Ivory Knight Would be interested to learn more about your Twitch streams. Can you maybe start a separate thread about them? 🙂 Sure others would enjoy watching some of the content too!

The only twitch video of KoH that i could find was this:

It’s in German though...

Edit: can a moderator please move this to a more adequate thread, once there is one? Thank you!

Edited by Al_Wombat
Kinda off topic...

Hi everyone! 

Glad to be a part of this happy community!

1. Name, Countries: Stefan from both Germany and España. / @ps4: stephan4477 / @twitch and omlet: electronicpuppets (I create 2D animations)
  2. Games: All kinds of. FGOAT: 
    • Monkey Island
    • Jeanne d’Arc (yes on Amiga!!! 🙂 anyone here also played it?)
    • PES (now eFootball) — come and try to beat me I’m “stephan4477” in the ps4!
    • Civilization
    • Action Games like For Honor but also shooters (sadly i’m not good enough for pvp...YET; I loved Generation Zero)
  3. Pets: My super cat passed away many years ago and i still miss him much and more :’-) - please enjoy every moment with your beloved, beast or human!

Despite being interested in gaming ever since I never played - or even heard of ! - Knights of Honor! Probably it came out during an “off phase”. But I am super excited and can’t wait!!!

I wildly and passionately hope that there will be a MAC OS version or at least a PS4 one! Any thoughts on this from the devs would be highly welcome!

On 12/27/2019 at 2:01 AM, Ragnar2299 said:
  • My name is Sławek
  • Im from Poland
  • I like medieval game like Mount&Blade, Knight of Honor, Tzar, Settlers, Pretorians, Might of Magic and others like that, also I like sneaky games like Dishonored or pirate game like AC4 Black Flag.
  • I dont have any pets but im thinking about buying raccoon or cat, we shall see 🙂

Hello Slawek,

Isn’t raccoon wild animal? Unless you actually live in the wild the animal would suffer... Cats are really great! And pretty wild (for a domestic animal...)

Cheers!

Edit: I just read about the issue on the net. While a raccoon pet can be an option, I’d still strongly suggest to go for a cat, (if you allow me, if the forum allows) unless there is a raccoon baby who lost its mommy...

Edited by Al_Wombat
Update after research

On 1/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, Al_Wombat said:

Hello Slawek,

Isn’t raccoon wild animal? Unless you actually live in the wild the animal would suffer... Cats are really great! And pretty wild (for a domestic animal...)

Cheers!

Edit: I just read about the issue on the net. While a raccoon pet can be an option, I’d still strongly suggest to go for a cat, (if you allow me, if the forum allows) unless there is a raccoon baby who lost its mommy...

Hi Stefan

I saw on internet that a lot of Americans have them as pets but in some states they are under protection and they can't be kept at home.But I live in europe and I've read some notes they are starting to be popular in Poland even though they do not appear in it despite the fact that they are also under protection here, anyway I saw a lot of video with them of course from USA and they looked so cute and funny to play with, more than dogs or cats.From a while when im sitting in the internet i saw a lot of animals that i would like to have and take care of them like red panda for example even due that is endangered species or like armadillo i wanted to  have also and some other types off animals but you know they are not in the range of possibilty unless u pay for one like 100000$ or be popular so you know what i mean. I practically like all animals but raccoon seems for me to be the perfect choice because Poland weather is not that diffrent from USA where they live natural, they are like a cat u dont need to walk them but they are also like a dogs and u can play with them and pet them, I dont want to take care of a dog because if they are not trained they can be a little pain in the ass with learning not to pee in the house, learning not to be scared when alone and I'm afraid that some day i can neglect them with taking them on a walk when i would be too old or smth else (I had dog previously) and cat seems for me to lazy and I saw some videos that they can act like real mean even though they know you.Also I went in reading about raccoons in Poland and I've read somewhere that there is a even farm of them here, they cost around 1500zł its 350 euro so its not that high price.

Sorry for bad grammar and english,

Cheers.

• Name/Handle? : Fred , people also tend to call me ... Fred 😅
  • Which Country are you from? Belgium, working in Romania
  • What kinds of games do you like to play? Strategy games (total war, knight of Honor, ...) and MMORPG's (currently waiting for ashes of creation)
  • Bonus Question: Do you have any pets? ex-goldfish 😥 

• Name/Handle? HollyMolly
  • Which Country are you from? Germany
  • What kinds of games do you like to play? Strategy Games like: Age of Empires Series, Total War Series, Knight of Honor of course 😎, Anno Series, all kind of other Strategy Games round based or real time strategy. Dayly streamer on Twitch HollyMolly@twitch.tv
  • Bonus Question: Do you have any pets? I have a garden, Flowers and Trees and the Anmilas there are my Pets even in the forest in front of my House. 😉

• 4 weeks later...

Name/Handle? Leto

Which Country are you from? The Netherlands

What kinds of games do you like to play? Grand strategy games from Paradox like Crusader Kings 2 and Stellaris. Other games I played a lot include Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Mount & Blade Warband, Dragon Age, Warcraft 3, Stronghold (Crusader) and some Total War games.

Name - Nika
Country - Georgia (not the state in US but the Actual Country in Europe)
What Kind of Games do i play - well i play games almost in every genre, e.g. KOH first of all, Risen( 1 ) ,  GTA, Killing Floor,  warhammer 40k (excluding DOW3),  Borderlands , TDU 2, Stardew Valley, FTL, Civilization 3, L4D2, Dungeon Keeper 2, WFTOW, Terraria, Mass Effect, The Witcher, Dead Space 1&2, Darksiders Genesis (was surprisingly great )  Saints row,  RF Armageddon (really enjoyed the multiplayer ) basically great game may come in every genre, 

Pet - well i had a dog, but atm none, 

Edited by AntiStar
  • Like 1

• Name/Handle: Abdulkadir
  • Games I like to play: I haven't played too many strategy games. The first and only strategy game I played is Knights of honor. I started this game many years ago with the suggestion of a friend. We played for a long time with almost all of my classmates. When I saw that the second came out today, I had a strange sadness and joy. All I can say is let's play as soon as possible.
  • Pets: none
  • Like 1

My name is Yavor Harizanov and I am from Ruse, Bulgaria.

I love strategy games, and I play them almost exclusively. I have some experience in KoH and I must say, that I absolutely love the game! 

My appologies to all of the pet lovers, but the only pets I keep are house plants. (because they give me oxygene :) )

Nive to meet you all!

• Name/Handle: mammix, in reality Marcin
  • Games I like to play: Mafia: City of Lost Heaven, KoH, Heroes 3, EU2, CK2, Football Manager... I'm now a very causal gamer, don't really have time to play.
  • Pets: cat and 2 budgies

@Yavor - my wife is from Ruse! What a small world...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bengt / Hjalfnar or HGV
  • Germany
  • Most games with a historical setting, tactical and strategical games, some action games, very limited amount of RPGs. Currently mainly HoI4 due to modding it.
  • My wife and I own two dogs, two cats, a few dozen very small fishes and two axolotl. Also a bunch of children. xD
Edited by Hjalfnar_HGV