What about DLC?

TALOS

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys are going to add a DLC to KoH 2,as it would be so cool.For example,just my thoughts,some new scenarios about something or a new decades and ages where you'd be able to play during reformation time.

I'm wondering about that as it seemed to me that KoH was big and various in gameplay but it didn't have some things as expansions to the game.Or KoH 2 will be so massive that it won't need any DLC?

Thanks and sorry if I made any mistakes,

TALOS

Edited by TALOS

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to have specialized kingdom specific unit types, added for the sake of variety. I know that there are some of these planned in the original game, still I believe that it would be a nice touch to add more and more of the famous and fabled warriors from all over Europe. Swiss guard for the Papal States, Boils or Voevodi for Serbia, Chigots for Bulgaria, Zhupans for the Slavic states, all that I can think of right now, sorry! Just for the sake of variety, which the original game didn't manage to cover. This could be done in a DLC, perhaps.

9 hours ago, Yavor said:

This could be done in a DLC, perhaps.

And why not do it in the base game?

If functionality becomes part of DLCs then the base game becomes less and less complete, paradox does that and gets a lot of hate for it.

Healthy DLC policy would be only having cosmetics/music in DLC and keeping game equally functional for everyone who owns it.

And besides, why are we talking about DLCs when game is still rather far from release?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Field Marshal said:

Healthy DLC policy would be only having cosmetics/music in DLC

DLC needs more than that to justify paying money for it.  We're talking new maps, new units, new rules, etc.

So, you know what, I may change my mind on specialized units.  I could accept them in a DLC IF that DLC came with a lot of other stuff.  If a DLC only had specialized units, that would be a No Sale for me.

Idunno, things that change the game I feel should be kept as updates. DLCs should really be things that dont change the mechanics of the game. (W.e) that is. I see DLCs as a money grab by companies who see how to improve on their game but dont want to roll it out as an update for free, and instead charge a fee for it.. Basically this is the model for EU4. I get that the company wants to make money, but I suggest there are better was then DLCs (that change mechanics). DLCs ruin games for many people.   

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 7/24/2022 at 1:11 PM, CroatianKnight said:

Oh that would be a mod most likely rather than dlc. It would be cool tho 

With the First KoH they made a mod like this. Nice to play but many nations are made of one-city-only.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 4:14 PM, Riccardo said:

With the First KoH they made a mod like this. Nice to play but many nations are made of one-city-only.

Yes that was a bit weird map. I think it should be the opposite. Instead of entire world it should be the existing map but more detailed. With more provinces. This would make conquering entire map a very difficult task. So basicly an enlarged existing map so more provinces can be put onto. 

I do hope there will be a map editor or maybe make-your-own map option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CroatianKnight said:

Instead of entire world it should be the existing map but more detailed. With more provinces. This would make conquering entire map a very difficult task. So basicly an enlarged existing map so more provinces can be put onto. 

I think the map has plenty of provinces.  Really, by the time you get to a certain size, you're unstoppable.  The rest of the time you're just roll-stomping the enemy.

1 hour ago, CroatianKnight said:

I do hope there will be a map editor or maybe make-your-own map option.

I totally agree with this.  Or even a random generator, though that would have to be a headache to implement.

16 hours ago, Lighthope said:

I think the map has plenty of provinces.  Really, by the time you get to a certain size, you're unstoppable.  The rest of the time you're just roll-stomping the enemy.

I totally agree with this.  Or even a random generator, though that would have to be a headache to implement.

I was talking about map mods which I would like to see and I agree with you the amount of provinces is good for the base game. However talking about game map and the provinces... their shapes are so weird. It is like a child drew some of the borders. 

And yes it would be splendid to have random map generator. Although I think it will be a mod or future DLC (if they are considering DLCs in general) 

4 hours ago, Jowany said:

Would be great to have DLC like after half of year or after year from release with expansion for another continent, like Asia, Afrika.. to conquer even more! Ofc with new troops and another stuff. 

I'd like to see DLC.  I don't want the game to be one-and-done.  They need a way to keep making money once the box is bought, and DLC is a great way to continue seeing more of the game.

On 7/28/2022 at 2:20 PM, Jowany said:

Would be great to have DLC like after half of year or after year from release with expansion for another continent, like Asia, Afrika.. to conquer even more! Ofc with new troops and another stuff. 

Good idea.