About future DLC

Matt

Please dont go the route of locking a bunch of key features behind DLCs later on. I am planning on getting this instead of CK3 for that reason.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

• Matt changed the title to About future DLC
On 5/14/2020 at 4:34 PM, Matt said:

Please dont go the route of locking a bunch of key features behind DLCs later on.

Key features, no.  But I am okay with some add-on features.  Maybe a DLC that incorporates the gunpowder era, since gunpowder is controversial.

DLCs are also a good way for the company to make money beyond the initial purchase.  I'm for that.  More money, more development.

But as stated before, DO NOT lock key features behind a DLC.

• Like 1

I'm all in for a specialized units DLC, because I always love variety. Besides, once they test the game and see the community's reactions, they may have a better idea of how to improve it further and to add new content for variety's sake and all else. I would be perfectly happy if this new balance/variety was incorporated just by FLC updates of the game, however I do believe that an actual DLC brings along with it a lot more quality. 

I will always support the game, and I am fine with 10+ DLCs, but I doubt that Black Sea Studios will milk their customers like some others. But a game like this deserves at least one or two expansion DLCs in my humble opinion.

P.S. (If possible I am willing to pay at least for a Soundtrack DLC, pretty, pretty please! I have a thing about game music and I would love to have the OST of this particular game, having in mind the wonderful OST of the original KoH! Listening to game music helps me when I am burned out and pushes me to play and play, and play. That's why!)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As long as they don't go insane like Paradox, I wouldn't mind some DLC releases. Then again, It would be pretty silly to sell better looking units for 5 dollars or something. I think they've aware of people's reactions to the Paradox DLC policy so I don't think that they'd take that risk for a reborn franchise.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:58 AM, BC Knight said:

Honestly, for this game, I don't mind if they are 10+ DLCs 😆

If the price seems fair I don't mind that! 😄

I also play Paradox games, but sometimes these guys ask for quite a lot just for some assets, but in the meantime they forget to maintain the game.

So I hope this is NOT how THQ Nordic would handle it! 😉

Edited by Bora

2 hours ago, Bora said:

If the price seems fair I don't mind that! 😄

I also play Paradox games, but sometimes these guys ask for quite a lot just for some assets, but in the meantime they forget to maintain the game.

So I hope this is NOT how THQ Nordic would handle it! 😉

To tell you the truth, I would be very dissapointed if they were to sell more %90 of the game as DLC just like Paradox.

• Like 1