The battles at sea.

Bane

I don't expect anything to be overkill, either. If someone blocks my harbor and I have an exotic good there, I lose it while the blockage is underway. Something like that . Nothing too much I would even say change, that's why I've been playing this game for 15 years. they also have in KOH1 battles at sea if the ships meet.

• 7 months later...

There are a few ways to make ships a thing, and they have pros and cons. Ill go over some just for thought.

1. Many different types of battle ships, and transports need to be made as well in order to transport units.

2. One type of battle ships and 1 type of transport.

3. One type of battle ship, no transports are needed, but units must transport over battle ships.

4. One type of battle ship, no transports needed, units make their own ships when going to sea. 

5. No battle ships, units make their own ships when going to sea which can act as battle ships and transport. 

Personally I think 1 battle ship type and using them as transports makes sense (3.) . That way the navy allows movement of armies, but also sieging and raiding when not moving armies.

As a side point I dont think it makes sense in games when you need to build a transport type ship to move units... Like come on, people would just used w.e ships they had (war, commerce, transport,) to move armies in the past. 

Exactly, sea battles were so underutilized in the original game because there just wasn’t a real reason for them. They were lackluster, unfortunately. Although I did find myself in the original game sending out my stronger marshals in ships sometimes to intercept and (auto) battle an enemy ship en route to my territory.

I do feel though if war ships were given more prominence in the new game to blockade or shore bombard, etc., I’d definitely use that pretty regularly, in tandem with my land forces. 

1 hour ago, TemplarKnight633 said:

blockade or shore bombard,

To shore bombard what?  The docks?  The good stuff is too far inland for any canon to reach.

I guess blockading could be used.  Not sure how though.  Stops trade in that province?  Wouldn't stop it from generating funds since money can travel over land.

Yeah to attack the ports or coastal villages and even some towns positioned closer to the sea. Port blockades probably wouldn’t cripple someone’s economy cause I agree with you that there’s inland trade, etc., but any weakening is better than no weakening. 
I just really like the concept of ships playing a larger role in the game. Even if it was a pirate or raider ship that can generate like a famous rebel and attack ports and steal the income it produces. Just something to give the naval aspect of the game more intrigue. 

• Like 1

Anybody couldnt see real problem on this topic...i think NEW CLASS should add on this game..This class is ADMIRAL..we should see ADMiRALS ..ADMiRAL shouldnt be skill...this class should be in real rank ...and ofcourse we should see warships...because This will be so good ..i hope THQ and Blacksea games see this comment.

51 minutes ago, ahmetol said:

i think NEW CLASS should add on this game..This class is ADMIRAL..we should see ADMiRALS ..ADMiRAL shouldnt be skill

Nah, I do not think we need a new class. It is not something really important, just nice feature and add on (like general having a skill). Having a new class would not be practical, since i doubt there are many skills for admiral and it would just be a waste of royal slot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoVlaLegend said:

Nah, I do not think we need a new class. It is not something really important, just nice feature and add on (like general having a skill). Having a new class would not be practical, since i doubt there are many skills for admiral and it would just be a waste of royal slot

Admiral class is important class..Land war and Sea wars are different things ..these classes are different ...

13 hours ago, ahmetol said:

Land war and Sea wars are different things

Yes, they are different, but sea battles really aren't a focus of this type of game.  You really don't build up fleets or do anything on the sea other than move your troops.

I think an Admiral class will be a generally unused class.

20 hours ago, Lighthope said:

Yes, they are different, but sea battles really aren't a focus of this type of game.  You really don't build up fleets or do anything on the sea other than move your troops.

I think an Admiral class will be a generally unused class.

Total war game System is best strategy system ..i think Total War is good example for every strategy games...this system can be sample avaliable

• 3 weeks later...

Total War (TW) games mostly don't have sea battles as well. And if there are there, they are underwhelming. The closest TW game to this is Medieval 1/2 and they do not have sea battles.  As Lighthope said, there aren't really a focus. Besides, did this period of time even had a lot of sea battles? If so, they were really simple and would get boring really quick. Also, TW does not have a limit on marshals etc. (despite not even having an admiral class (except for Warhammer 2, which I wouldn't count here, since it's not historical; and it has no naval battles). There were some skills related to that. But if you only have 9 court members and you keep adding classes, this will become a problem really quick.

TW games are great, but KoH should be something different from TW. And I don't think the devs want to just copy other games.

9 hours ago, Fafan said:

Total War (TW) games mostly don't have sea battles as well. And if there are there, they are underwhelming. The closest TW game to this is Medieval 1/2 and they do not have sea battles.  As Lighthope said, there aren't really a focus. Besides, did this period of time even had a lot of sea battles? If so, they were really simple and would get boring really quick. Also, TW does not have a limit on marshals etc. (despite not even having an admiral class (except for Warhammer 2, which I wouldn't count here, since it's not historical; and it has no naval battles). There were some skills related to that. But if you only have 9 court members and you keep adding classes, this will become a problem really quick.

TW games are great, but KoH should be something different from TW. And I don't think the devs want to just copy other games.

Sea wars were always important in history...Total war Rome 2 was good example for sea wars..

12 hours ago, Fafan said:

And I don't think the devs want to just copy other games.

Not copy, no.  But they shouldn't pass on a good theme simply because someone else already did it.

If developers followed that idea, Seth McFarlane would never get a show done in ever.  (For those who don't know, McFarlane is famous for stealing Simpsons and developing Family Guy from it.  How he didn't get sued, I don't know.)