Seasonal changes - visuals and statistics

Yavor

Dear Black Sea Games,

I have a simple question, which I am hoping to be cleared in any of the forthcoming Dev Diaries and Streams, namely: Will there be seasonal changes in the game?

Personally I will be thrilled if there are seasons changing in the map of KoH2, Spring turning into Summer, Autumn turning into Winter, and so on and so on. The game would look amazing in all the colours of the Wheel of the Year and I do think that this should at least be considered and discussed, both among you and in our community. Even if there are no visual changes in the map, defined by the seasons, I really believe that seasons should pose at least a statistical changes and strategic opportunities in the mechanics of the game. Winter is a hard season to lay a siege, it is a historical fact. Summer is the best season for raiding, as we know from the series Vikings. đŸ™‚Â And all of these could develop into a deep and interesting mechanics in the game, if not for anything else, at least for the sake of immersion. I would support a decision in any shape or form, concerning the presence of seasons - I would be perfectly happy if you decide to keep just the visuals of seasonal change, without the presence of stats and deeper mechanics, and vice versa - I would support a decision of stats and conditions changing in the numbers, without the visuals of the seasons happening in the map. 

However I honestly believe that seasonal changes would be a beautiful and immersive experience in the amazing map, which you have created for us! I would even buy a DLC, containing nothing other than seasonal changes, if you decide to add this feature later on. The Wheel of the Year brings magic in all of its forms and colours and I would love it to be represented in any shape or form in your game!

Kind Regards!

4 hours ago, Yavor said:

Will there be seasonal changes in the game?

I think they said somewhere that seasonal changes will not be implemented.

Which is a pity. I would like to see seasonal effects on troops. They move slower during the cold winter.  Moral goes down during the hot summer.  Things like that.

Thank you for your answer!

I agree, it is a pity. This beautiful map would look awesome in seasonal colours like Autumn or Spring and the seasonal effects would just increase the immersion.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a shame that we won't have Seasonal Changes but people would also request mechanics regarding sieges in winter being tough such as stated above, and perhaps they've though that it would be a bit too complex for a game that's meant to be sandbox/casual rather than being super detailed history simulator.

15 hours ago, ÆternaTristitia said:

perhaps they've though that it would be a bit too complex for a game that's meant to be sandbox/casual rather than being super detailed history simulator.

I can't imagine seasons adding that much complexity to the game.  I'm in favour of including it.

8 hours ago, Lighthope said:

I can't imagine seasons adding that much complexity to the game.  I'm in favour of including it.

I mean it would be very nice for them to add it and I would also love to have them ingame but I they probably don't think that a casual player would think Winter Sieges being difficult compared to ones in Summer or something.

I am a fan of that idea, but I learned that such features are not easy to implement, especially if they also should affect the gameplay.

But if Mods will be as well supported as announced, maybe a modder can add such a feature?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bora said:

I am a fan of that idea, but I learned that such features are not easy to implement, especially if they also should affect the gameplay.

But if Mods will be as well supported as announced, maybe a modder can add such a feature?

I remember reading about modding tools so we'll surely have some mods to have a very detailed and complex game with certain mods if the community is active and big enough when the game comes out.

• Like 1