Papacy

In my opinion a sovereign of Papacy should be curent Pope (not the Doge, as it used to be because they didn't rule Papacy) which is elected as most educated cleric among the catholic nations as it was before.

Papacy could consist of several cities around Rome (5 for example - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Pepin).

Educated clerics in catholic nations may go through some process of becoming cardinals (when they gain some knowledge, convert province, pay some money to Papacy) and when Pope dies a new could be elected only from cardinals. Blue field when cleric is elected for cardinal can become red.

Donation to catholic church that existed in old game should stay and be called  - St. Peter's Pence

Kingdoms which are donating often should have higher possibilty for their cleric/cardinal of becoming Pope.

Elected Pope can stay in Royal court of country where he is from just as it was before , but his picture should appear as a reigning sovereign when clicked on Papacy.

When Papacy is completely eliminated, the one state which liberates it should give Pope and + relations to all catholic kingdoms as before.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*It would be great if all knights could advance in their fields not only clerics becoming bishops/cardinals/popes in catholic kingdoms, or mitropolits/patriarch in orthodox, mula or reis-ul-ulema in islam.

Marshal could become senechal/admiral/general/tactician through battles, merchants could become trader, marketer, economist, capitalist or specialize in trading for something that was not part of their duties in earlier version of game such as glass or gold (there are no gold mines in KoH1, only silver - just sayin 😀), spies could become masters of espionage/assasination/sabotage/camouflage/intrigue, diplomats could become ministers, ambassador even maybe and be sent to countries in order to achieve some goal. All of these 5 classes could be upgraded through - money, experience, time spent in position, success in perforimg tasks.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If the gameplay mechanics will be similar to the previous game, I don't really think that It would be possible to play with the Papacy on release, just as It wasn't possible to play it in the previous game without cheats. But you're correct that the Pope should rule Papacy rather than the Doge.

I don't really know If It's worth having a name change just because your character has improved through completing tasks. It wouldn't matter much if you're vassal is called a General instead of a Marshal. Surely It would add more flavor to the game but I'd rather have them implement skills and abilities for these vassals rather than a simple name change.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I agree with Camerlengo completely! Sovereign of Papacy should be current Pope.

Also, I love the idea of clerics in catholic nations going through some process of becoming cardinals. and the Pope to be elected from the class of cardinals. Each step of improvement should carry other title, for example bishop, archbishop, cardinal instead of receiving stars like in KOH1. Same with the orthodox countries and similar with Muslim nations.

I would also entertain the idea of giving a royal court members some specific titles or roles in addition of them being marshals, merchants etc.

Lets say King can name his most experienced and trusted marshal "Commander of the Royal Army", "Chief of the Royal High Command" or "Chief of the Royal Guard". Similarly, most experienced and trusted merchant could be "Chancellor of the Royal Treasury".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prince of Zeta said:

Also, I love the idea of clerics in catholic nations going through some process of becoming cardinals. and the Pope to be elected from the class of cardinals.

I think we can generally assume that someone who is fully starred is a cardinal.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:13 AM, Prince of Zeta said:

I agree with Camerlengo completely! Sovereign of Papacy should be current Pope.

Also, I love the idea of clerics in catholic nations going through some process of becoming cardinals. and the Pope to be elected from the class of cardinals.

Hvala na podršci, druže!

Pozdrav 😀

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...