Kyiv not Kiev!

Skywalker

Hello, after reading the eighteenth diary of developers today, I noticed that in the game the city of "Kyiv" was recorded with the Russian transcription "Kiev". But the correct translation of the name of the Ukrainian capital is "Kyiv". As a citizen of Ukraine, I am not very pleased to see the incorrect spelling of the capital of my state. Dear developers, please correct this mistake!
spacer.png

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 години тому Зерг сказав:

Чи можете ви припинити створення нових облікових записів та розміщення відповідей у цій темі?

boy, calm down, you're writing some nonsense))

Edited by 2Д2

1 hour ago, Skywalker said:

But I asked in Ukrainian game chats to support my appeal to developers.

Yeah, don't do that.

If they aren't going to play the game, their opinion really doesn't count.

You have enough support here from real players.  You don't need to "stuff the ballot box."

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lighthope said:

Yeah, don't do that.

If they aren't going to play the game, their opinion really doesn't count.

You have enough support here from real players.  You don't need to "stuff the ballot box."

Some people first heard about the game and became interested in it, so it's not as bad as it seems.  That's why I turned to gamers who will be potentially interested in a great game, where the capital of their country was written correctly.  I am very much looking forward to it and interested in all the news.

And I would like to thank everyone who responded to this thread.  I am really very glad that so many people, including outside Ukraine, have drawn attention to the problem of spelling the name of the city "Kyiv".  This is a great community that fits the game! I hope we all hear it in the end!  P.S.  Sorry for my not very good communication in English.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 4:47 PM, Nikolay said:

Everything is fine. Kiev in this game is a town in Kievan Rus, not in Ukraine. 

«Kievan Rus» is also spelled incorrectly.  Correct then «Kyivan Rus». It is very sad that the terms that are outdated 30 years after the collapse of the USSR are still in use ...

12 hours ago, Skywalker said:

«Kievan Rus» is also spelled incorrectly.  Correct then «Kyivan Rus». It is very sad that the terms that are outdated 30 years after the collapse of the USSR are still in use ...

Just like Orwell's Newspeak.

Very good point! To be honest, I did not think about this till I saw the thread. KoH has always been a game where diversity plays a central role. Might be a good idea to check for other similar situations - I am sure the dev team will take notice, plus we (the fans) can assist in this as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1