AI recognizes a threat?

Lighthope

So how about the AI recognizing an emerging threat?

Currently, I am roll stomping kingdom after kingdom.  You'd think the other countries would realize that I have half the world and am eventually coming for them.  Maybe they might want to think about banding together for their own protection?

• Like 2

Coalitions should be formed to fight with your aggressiveness and all members to join the war on the enemy side should you declare a war on one of them. Or even all to attack you at once as a punishment for your aggression. That I think is the only solution of their problem.

Edited by BC Knight

1 hour ago, BC Knight said:

Coalitions should be formed to fight with your aggressiveness and all members to join the war on the enemy side should you declare a war on one of them.

Those are called alliances.  lol

But yeah, the AI really doesn't use them to advantage.

And it would certainly add a layer to diplomacy.  Your ally certainly wouldn't join the opposing side (unless he were bribed).

• 2 weeks later...

The thing with coalitions is that they really didnt exist untill 1800s and onwards. Before then kingdoms really just tried to look out for themselves. If someone was getting big, it was more likely to join them then to fight against them,..... aka dont join the losing side.  I think a more suitable and realistic solution is to make stability harder to manage as you get larger. Since in reality large kingdoms fell apart by mostly internal affairs with some outside pressure. Unless you can quote me a historically large country that had a coalition fight against it before the 1800s.