😍hurry up😪

You might have been waiting 15 years for the game but game wasn't in development for 15 years, but only 1-3.

And not willing to be patient and wait is definitely not a good reason to release the game asap. You see, it takes time and effort to make a game because games (like KoH especially) are way harder to develop than common programs (at least in like 80% of cases) and complexity of them is sometimes quite astonishing. It's not just "we make some 3D animations and objects, record sounds, add some code in, combine it and BAM, the perfect game is out", NO! The math behind games (like KoH too likely) is on par with higher college one (can be quite advanced in some cases), the good knowledge of coding and algorithms is not something you can learn in a month or so but usually in a few years and with even with that you need a lot of time to get that part of the job done. Now that's even the beginning for that part because coding the solution for problem is one thing, debugging (i.e.. Fixing) for all cases and optimizing (huh) it are also another big requirements that'll take even more time and skill to be done right. So this is only the programming part which I think I know a bit about from 6 years of playing around with Unity (the game engine devs use to make a game) and that's just one part of the job for one person, to do a full AAA game you need a skilled and likely large team but even they will probably need hella time to do it so that it works well. And before I hear things (which I hope I won't) like "Field Marshal bad" tell what do you even know about making games? Like have you even tried to code something simple or get to understand an algorithm for it, e.g. here you go, an algorithm not so hard yet it's one of the basics (more or less) the games usually rely on for finding a path between point A to point B, the thing that sounds rather simple but it's based on a strong math and some decent algorithm knowledge in the background.

So as I already highlighted it 4 times now, time is one of the most important things (+money and skill I'd say) when developing a game if it wants to be done right and if it gets cut... Well.. Game could end up like an unfinished/buggy mess as Fallout 76 did (lol). Not only that, but bad game at release (even if it becomes available to everyone in alpha) = many bad reviews = many people less likely to buy the game = bad sales = no money/profit = no more development = bad game, so NO, it's never good to rush a game because you don't want to wait for it some more time, you'll likely get disappointed by it and then what? Blame the devs for not doing good work? Well sorry bro it just happens that time was too short and that's what you wanted so you got it.

Also I'm not mad at anyone or anything here, but I get mildly annoyed about people making wishes like kids about things they usually know nothing about. And sorry for the wall of text, sometimes summing things up to explain them well goes bad for me 🤪.

tl;dr: game development is a complex thing and devs need a lot of time to do it well, so wanting the game to come out quick like tomorrow is not really good idea.

2 hours ago, Field Marshal said:

🤪You might have been waiting 15 years for the game but game wasn't in development for 15 years, but only 1-3.

You're right, and I know the complexity of making a game But I said this to flip and to continue with strength. If they said the game would be released in a .... month, I would wait But the uncertainty of when the game will be released is like waiting for a bus at the station, which is not clear when it will arrive

Edited by Request a quick release of

• 2 weeks later...

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have them take their time with the developement. Because I'd rather have a delayed game. I don't want Knights of Honor II Sovereign to be a buggy mess. I honestly think that It's good for them to take their time and implement the game as It's meant to be.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2020 at 7:34 PM, Field Marshal said:

You might have been waiting 15 years for the game but game wasn't in development for 15 years, but only 1-3.

And not willing to be patient and wait is definitely not a good reason to release the game asap. You see, it takes time and effort to make a game because games (like KoH especially) are way harder to develop than common programs (at least in like 80% of cases) and complexity of them is sometimes quite astonishing. It's not just "we make some 3D animations and objects, record sounds, add some code in, combine it and BAM, the perfect game is out", NO! The math behind games (like KoH too likely) is on par with higher college one (can be quite advanced in some cases), the good knowledge of coding and algorithms is not something you can learn in a month or so but usually in a few years and with even with that you need a lot of time to get that part of the job done. Now that's even the beginning for that part because coding the solution for problem is one thing, debugging (i.e.. Fixing) for all cases and optimizing (huh) it are also another big requirements that'll take even more time and skill to be done right. So this is only the programming part which I think I know a bit about from 6 years of playing around with Unity (the game engine devs use to make a game) and that's just one part of the job for one person, to do a full AAA game you need a skilled and likely large team but even they will probably need hella time to do it so that it works well. And before I hear things (which I hope I won't) like "Field Marshal bad" tell what do you even know about making games? Like have you even tried to code something simple or get to understand an algorithm for it, e.g. here you go, an algorithm not so hard yet it's one of the basics (more or less) the games usually rely on for finding a path between point A to point B, the thing that sounds rather simple but it's based on a strong math and some decent algorithm knowledge in the background.

So as I already highlighted it 4 times now, time is one of the most important things (+money and skill I'd say) when developing a game if it wants to be done right and if it gets cut... Well.. Game could end up like an unfinished/buggy mess as Fallout 76 did (lol). Not only that, but bad game at release (even if it becomes available to everyone in alpha) = many bad reviews = many people less likely to buy the game = bad sales = no money/profit = no more development = bad game, so NO, it's never good to rush a game because you don't want to wait for it some more time, you'll likely get disappointed by it and then what? Blame the devs for not doing good work? Well sorry bro it just happens that time was too short and that's what you wanted so you got it.

Also I'm not mad at anyone or anything here, but I get mildly annoyed about people making wishes like kids about things they usually know nothing about. And sorry for the wall of text, sometimes summing things up to explain them well goes bad for me 🤪.

tl;dr: game development is a complex thing and devs need a lot of time to do it well, so wanting the game to come out quick like tomorrow is not really good idea.

You are right. But I will suggest refraining from walls of text if you want more people to actually read your posts. 

In this case, a summary would have been: 

"Development of a good, complex game takes a lot of time. If you mess it up and release a bad game, you will get bad reviews and hence bad sales which means you might not be able to develop any more games, at all. So please, be patient." 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 11:42 AM, Request a quick release of said:

They have been making the game for seven months

Of course, they can fix the bug after releasing new versions

I think this is the worst strategy in modern game. Back in the old days a game was released and it was fully playable and an enjoyment to buy and play. Now in days alpha betas and even rushed games are riddled with bugs that leave a sour taste for the people whom play the games. Chill man. Let the devs take all the time in the world to make a good game which has depth, accessibility, and balance. I hate big company developers for this reason and many others that they pump out rushed/trash games, and I suspect that Black Sea Games agrees with me. 

• Like 3