About İslamic kingdoms

ahmetol

Hello ..i wrote my things in facebook and now i want write there...political situatons are so important for islamic kingdoms.....especially OTTOMANS...we want new political ranks.  Example viziers...and janisarry commander....and ..i saw new events.in this game now our Generals cnbe governor and this is so good news...but i say we want see this ranks vizier and others....like a Total war system.

Your post is far from comprehensible..

As far as I can tell a vizir is nothing else than a diplomat for inner affairs. Janissary were already in the first game aswell. Also, you could assign governers in the first game and will most probably be able to in the second game.

For people who don't know what you mean by "a Total war system", this makes no sense at all. Maybe you want to clarify what you exactly think should be different?

Edited by Zerg
  • Like 1

Governor system were not in KOH 1...and this system will be in KOH 2...and if you play with Cordoba Emirates in Total War Attila Age of  charlamagne you will understand what i mean....and Janisarries were in first game this is true but..Janisaries details can be more good in KOH 2.....Viziers are so important for Ottomans and others İslamic or Turkic empires....now everything is clear???

image.png.5766de87c9949654a1f62d8168972f9a.png

That image up there is part of the Knights of Honor Manual (see https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/25830/manuals/manual_english.pdf?t=1447351680). Sadly i do'nt own that Total War game so i can't look up what governors do there, but maybe you can explain?

I've read about janissary and that they were practical military slaves, but what do you think a commander should do, or what mechanic do you expect in the game? I still see no difference between a vizir and a diplomat governing a province, maybe you can share your thoughts what mechanics should be introduced with vizirs?

• Like 1

I also kinda care more about the mechanics to deal with catholic European nations more, since KOH 2 is a game about European history. Islam of course played a role, but more on the side line. Also just to point out KOH Knights of Honor, has the word Knights... There are no Knights in islam. It would be strange to put a ton of emphasis on islamic mechanics and polishing of islamic nations in a game about Knights..... 

3 hours ago, Zerg said:

image.png.5766de87c9949654a1f62d8168972f9a.png

That image up there is part of the Knights of Honor Manual (see https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/25830/manuals/manual_english.pdf?t=1447351680). Sadly i do'nt own that Total War game so i can't look up what governors do there, but maybe you can explain?

I've read about janissary and that they were practical military slaves, but what do you think a commander should do, or what mechanic do you expect in the game? I still see no difference between a vizir and a diplomat governing a province, maybe you can share your thoughts what mechanics should be introduced with vizirs?

Merchants and landlors and builders are not governor....and i saw this news on devdiary03..new feature knight can be governor...or i see you wrong???

Screenshot_2020-03-16-01-32-10.png

1 hour ago, Ivory Knight said:

I also kinda care more about the mechanics to deal with catholic European nations more, since KOH 2 is a game about European history. Islam of course played a role, but more on the side line. Also just to point out KOH Knights of Honor, has the word Knights... There are no Knights in islam. It would be strange to put a ton of emphasis on islamic mechanics and polishing of islamic nations in a game about Knights..... 

This game will be  so big....catholic and ortodox and islamic kingdoms...i am Turkic and i am honest person...i want see Ottoman Empire again...because i was so glad when in 2004 year...and i really want so detailed catholic kingdoms because i want see big game.

I think they meant "knights" as an overarching category. Like knights could be marshals (lead bigger armies), diplomats (manage relations with other kingdoms), spies (you get the idea) and so on. So in the first game they only let 3 out of the 6 categories be governors of provinces (which were clerics, builders and farmers), now every knights, no matter his skills, can govern a province and give it bonuses.

And I have to disagree with ivory knight, even tho in his last stream he sounded like a nice guy. I think islamic nations should play a big role in KoH2, simply because the medieval times were just one big conflict of religions. If I try to think about the biggest events in that time following things come to my mind: The Crusades (against islam), Reconquista (against islam), The Rise of the Ottomans (payback-time for islam), Battle of Hastings (only big non-religious conflict), the Northern Crusades (against pagans) and the Eastern Crusades (against pagans).

For now the devs should concentrate to implement improvements every realm will benefit on. Things like special skill-classes for knights for specific realms could be added in by the modding community later on. So please ahmet, write down what you think a vizir and/or janissary-comander should be able to do (what a diplomat or generic marshal cannot) and maybe it will happen sometime.

Greetings!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zerg said:

I think they meant "knights" as an overarching category. Like knights could be marshals (lead bigger armies), diplomats (manage relations with other kingdoms), spies (you get the idea) and so on. So in the first game they only let 3 out of the 6 categories be governors of provinces (which were clerics, builders and farmers), now every knights, no matter his skills, can govern a province and give it bonuses.

And I have to disagree with ivory knight, even tho in his last stream he sounded like a nice guy. I think islamic nations should play a big role in KoH2, simply because the medieval times were just one big conflict of religions. If I try to think about the biggest events in that time following things come to my mind: The Crusades (against islam), Reconquista (against islam), The Rise of the Ottomans (payback-time for islam), Battle of Hastings (only big non-religious conflict), the Northern Crusades (against pagans) and the Eastern Crusades (against pagans).

For now the devs should concentrate to implement improvements every realm will benefit on. Things like special skill-classes for knights for specific realms could be added in by the modding community later on. So please ahmet, write down what you think a vizir and/or janissary-comander should be able to do (what a diplomat or generic marshal cannot) and maybe it will happen sometime.

Greetings!

This is good..you are interesting about this topic..i am so glad... Now i want tell Viziers system on Ottoman...when Ottoman was born in 1299 only had one Vizier...but when Ottoman starting to be empire they need more Viziers....Viziers can be good diplomats and good commander...Ottoman political system is interesting and very confused...and i must tell one thing...viziers have leader in this system.  GRAND VİZİER ( Sadrazam)...this person bearing the power of the monarch..Grand Vizier is doing all goverment affairs...and Janisarry commanders (Yeniçeri Ağası) were so important for OttomanEmpire and i shared one picture about my think...this ia Offices system in Total war...this is really important...this example can be taken

Screenshot_2020-03-16-10-26-11.png

14 hours ago, ahmetol said:

This is good..you are interesting about this topic..i am so glad... Now i want tell Viziers system on Ottoman...when Ottoman was born in 1299 only had one Vizier...but when Ottoman starting to be empire they need more Viziers....Viziers can be good diplomats and good commander...Ottoman political system is interesting and very confused...and i must tell one thing...viziers have leader in this system.  GRAND VİZİER ( Sadrazam)...this person bearing the power of the monarch..Grand Vizier is doing all goverment affairs...and Janisarry commanders (Yeniçeri Ağası) were so important for OttomanEmpire and i shared one picture about my think...this ia Offices system in Total war...this is really important...this example can be taken

Screenshot_2020-03-16-10-26-11.png

İ wanted explain somethings..i hope i did..but if you have more questions you can ask

• 5 months later...
25 minutes ago, THQN Brad said:

Moving thread to GD forums

I shared this because this topic is really important for all strategy lovers...vizier and grand viziers are so important for islamic and Turkic kingdoms..we really want see these ranks..i showed Total war scheme becuse this can be good example..and same scheme is in empire total war...i want really share my things and infos..please write me if you support my things ..i really want support with my ideas..thank you