[Question] Offering/Demanding land

HLBB

Quick question regarding offering or demanding land. It seems to only be an option for provinces that were either yours or your interlocutor's in history. Not exactly sure how this is defined if someone can explain. 

If I remember correctly, in KOH1, you could gift/demand any provinces. Don't understand why this mechanic is no longer there. 

As far I'm concerned, there are many instances when I'm forced into a war, conquer provinces I don't want to deal with, and would want to gift them to other kingdoms I want to get stronger or grow/repair ties with. Not clear why this isn't the default for KOH2. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Molivious said:

It's tied to culture now. So if you want to offer a province, then its culture must match the target kingdom; and if you want to demand for one, it must have adopted your own. 

I really dislike this change.  If I want a piece of land, idc if it shares the same culture.  I'll deal with the consequences.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lighthope said:

I really dislike this change.  If I want a piece of land, idc if it shares the same culture.  I'll deal with the consequences.

I agree. I think the culture and loyalty should play a role but should not limit the player too much. And an ability to buy or sell provinces would be neat. And maybe a way to bring back states you were allied with after defeating an enemy which conquered them. Like "restore Papacy" option but for your allies

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 5:41 PM, Molivious said:

It's tied to culture now. So if you want to offer a province, then its culture must match the target kingdom; and if you want to demand for one, it must have adopted your own. 

Thanks a lot for the explanation. At least I can try to work around this for now. But just like Lighthope and CoratianKnight, I hope this will be a mechanic the Devs address to expand gameplay opportunities on this front, making it closer to KOH1 in this particular case.

• Like 1

So I just found this out. Turns out that if you are demanding tribute against an enemy during war, there are three factors that may add provinces to your options:

1. Provinces that have adopted your culture
  2. Provinces that touch your kingdom's borders; and
  3. Towns under siege. (these provinces will be shaded red during land selection)

This doesn't make giving away pieces of land any easier though. Just adding more info.

Edited by Molivious
  • Like 2

This, in combination to the fact that provinces go to whoever started the siege first, almost killed a co-op game for us. At least co-op team members or, more broadly, players, should be able to give provinces to each other regardless of culture. The workaround would be to declare war on each other and just let the other party take the province, but that's impossible in co-op, so there is literally no way to swap provinces without involving some really complicated AI manipulation.

Edited by monsterfurby