Re-deploying mechanic [suggestion]

Florishier

I have a suggestion regarding re-deploying marshals to a diffrent front.

Let's say you are fighting in the east vs someone quite easy and you get attacked in the west, you want your best marshal to fight for you in the west. I would suggest a re-deploying mechanic where you don't teleport your army but let it move 3x faster (whatever amount but 3x sounds good to me) on the map. And this would be your marshal group only. So you would need to drop off or disband your regular soldiers first. And to add a little protection to just disbanding add a 15-30 second prepare to move phase. (this is to prevent you from just disbanding your army if you think you are gonna lose your marshal and want to get him out of there via this mechanic)
{Basicly this mechanic would simulate your command staff riding on fast horses to re-deploy to where they are needed with just their bare minimum equipment / food}

Feel free to join in on this suggestion by commenting on it or adding to it!

Thanks for making this game, looking forward to it!
~Florishier

I am not in favour of that mechanic.  Why would someone travel 3x faster just because they are needed somewhere else.

Better to just keep a Marshall over there in the event he is needed.  That way you have to make a choice: Keep a Marshall in reserve to quell any problems, or take the chance and throw all your forces into an assault.

I routinely kept a Marhsall or two in reserve to squash problems.

3 hours ago, Triarii said:

Like forced marches from rome2tw

Well, yeah, it certainly is possible.  But what penalty would there be?  Your Marshall is more exhausted?

If you want to have that ability, there had better be a really large tradeoff.  Just losing your army isn't good enough.  Armies are too easily replaced as the game goes on.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:19 PM, Lighthope said:

I am not in favour of that mechanic.  Why would someone travel 3x faster just because they are needed somewhere else.

The reason that you are faster is because you are on horse wich is faster than foot soldiers, and you are not having the logistics of army supply that slow you down. (atleast that's how I imagine it) The idea is that just the command staff changes position.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:11 AM, Triarii said:

Like forced marches from rome2tw

That could also be an option, but that would be something for the entire army, not just the marshall.

Edited by Florishier