Please replace "ruler of the world"

I love what I have seen from this game and will purchase it; however, I dislike the "ruler of the world" idea mainly because it has no historical justification. It will simply remind the player he is playing a game rather than becoming immersed in it as a ruler of another period. 

Why not replace this with medieval 2 total wars elections of a pope? Seems pretty similar. It could add a layer of depth to the gameplay and be authentic. In the Islamic world, it could be replaced with the Grand Imam. 

As a Pagan I'm very furious about whole idea and as an Orthodox I laugh about all these heretics trying to lead the world. The point is, that this cannot possibly be a religious victory based on a huge area and all religions present in the game. It has to be a political victory of political power projected by a player. If you don't think this is fitting your playstyle or your own story you create in-game, then there are other victory conditions you should focus on.

On 6/14/2022 at 4:03 PM, Ivory Knight said:

It is not really suppose to have historical justification, it is suppose to act as an end goal for a player who is playing solo, even in the first KOH you could continue playing even after achieving it, I imagine the same will be in KPH 2.

Might break immersion imo. We shall see.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:46 PM, William Blake said:

As a Pagan I'm very furious about whole idea and as an Orthodox I laugh about all these heretics trying to lead the world. The point is, that this cannot possibly be a religious victory based on a huge area and all religions present in the game. It has to be a political victory of political power projected by a player. If you don't think this is fitting your playstyle or your own story you create in-game, then there are other victory conditions you should focus on.

It could resemble fighting over the pope for power in med 2, not so much a Vicory condition. 

Pope is nothing special to claim a world victory for the given area and time period. For instance at the time Armenian Christians didn't give a damn about all that Papacy because they were Apostolic church independent even from Constantinople since 554. Same as Georgian Church for that matter, independent from Antioch even earlier. Moreover in 1054 all Eastern Orthodox broke off from Rome and won't give a damn about any claims of Pope in Rome - because all considered Catholics to be heretics. And these are just Christian side of the story. If you look at the map of KoH2 more kingdoms are not Catholics and have zero reason to submit to Pope. From 711 to 1492 half of Spain was under Umayyad Caliphate by the way.

Moreover, even for parts of the game map always under Catholic control Pope was not an ultimate power. Between years 1378 and 1417 there were 2 Popes elected at once and from 1410 to 1415 even 3 Popes at once. And Pope didn't rule Papacy all the time, from 1309 - 1377 is know as Babylonian Captivity of the Papacy. During this period 7 Popes had to reside in Avignon, France and not in Vatican. It was not historically a significant independent power all above even half of Europe you can claim to be a victory condition for the whole game.