DevDiary 29 – Political View

THQN Brad

Also I noticed that on youtube video for this dev diary many people complain about the map and how bad some provinces are. Is there any hope they get fixed before release of the game? I too can't help but notice that some areas are just bad. For example Spanish border with Portugal is just complete fantasy. Some of the borders are just iconic you can't mess it up. Like Silesia, Prussia and Papacy. Currently the political map is so confusing to look at even though the map visals are definitely a good thing. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 10:31 AM, matthaho said:

Hey Devs,
your game looks and sounds cool and interesting. Looking forward to play it! 🙂 In the last few months I lam loosing my big interest of your work. I hoped for a release in which years? 2020, 2021 and now 2022 is near the end. I'm not a professional in marketing, but I feel and I read of many players who would appreciate a approximate release date. Couldn't you give us a little insight of what is your plan for the next few months? Like two/three months on testing multiplayer, work on that. But for me it looks like a playable game and I don't get what you are doing. Isn't it an option to go for some DLCs? 

I´d prefer a fix release date like June 2023 or a list of what to do. But your idea of "coming soon" annoys me after a few years of waiting. 

Kind Regards and all the best for your work!

Very well said.  "coming soon' for the last 3 years is either intentional disrespect to the consumers or a sign of utter disorganization behind the scenes.  Either way, a game can't be 'coming soon' for three straight years.

2 hours ago, Tfoz15 said:

Very well said.  "coming soon' for the last 3 years is either intentional disrespect to the consumers or a sign of utter disorganization behind the scenes.  Either way, a game can't be 'coming soon' for three straight years.

The developers said they announced it too soon.  They should have waited.

It would have been better if they said "In Development" or a less specific "Coming".  But Steam doesn't have that option.

They did recently announce on the Steam forum that it is in its "final stage", so hopefully that means it isn't too far off.  Maybe we'll get a date soon?

16 hours ago, Lighthope said:

The developers said they announced it too soon.  They should have waited.

It would have been better if they said "In Development" or a less specific "Coming".  But Steam doesn't have that option.

They did recently announce on the Steam forum that it is in its "final stage", so hopefully that means it isn't too far off.  Maybe we'll get a date soon?

Yeah it is probably near release. Well it has been 3 years already. What I am worried is that only recently we saw the map. Map dev diary should have been one of the first dev diaries in my opinion. Now it is too late for any suggestions for the map. I mean Knights of honor I had better province shapes. Well I may sound annoying with it but I just can't understand this map. Most other things are splendidly done! So what happened here?! I just don't understand. 

Love the visuals! Would also like some information on the release date. Don't confuse this with me rushing the project. I rather wait longer for a more polished product. I'd just like a broad idea of when I can expect to play. I think that's fair for the consumers that have been following this project closely. 

1 hour ago, RC3 said:

Would also like some information on the release date.

They have been frustratingly mum on a release date.  Probably because they were burned bad by the "Coming Soon" announcement, "soon" turning out to be a very long time that the phrase "vapour-ware" was starting to be thrown about.

They did say it is mostly done, but there are problems with multiplayer connectivity they still need to work on.  And localization QA.  Other than that, it's done.