A skill suggestion

Yavor

Hello there,

I would like to answer the call for skill suggestions. My idea for this skill came from history, namely the battle of Varbishki Prohod. This is a battle in a mountain pass, where the army of Khan Krum built fortifications to hinder the escape of the Byzantine army. So I was thinking - the highlight of the Knights of Honor game is the maneuvering of armies on the strategic map, so I thought that it would be fit to have skills that impact that movement, to bring flavor and intrigue to this mechaninc. I don't know how to name this skill, maybe "Trapper" or some sort like that. The idea is that when your marshal has this skill, opportunities may pop up (just like the ones we saw about the merchant opportunities) where the trapper marshal will have the option to hinder or just slow down the movement of the enemy marshal on the strategic map. This would be extremely useful, when you are chasing an enemy army. There might be some restrictions, of course, perhaps making this skill work only on your own territory, where the population supports your cause.

Anyway I am interested to know what you all think about it. Can we make skills for the actual movement of armies, since this is a big part of the game?

Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

Kind Regards!

8 hours ago, Yavor said:

The idea is that when your marshal has this skill, opportunities may pop up (just like the ones we saw about the merchant opportunities) where the trapper marshal will have the option to hinder or just slow down the movement of the enemy marshal on the strategic map.

I don't know how this would work on the strategic map.

But I could be on board for this on the battle map.

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, Yavor said:

Hello there,

I would like to answer the call for skill suggestions. My idea for this skill came from history, namely the battle of Varbishki Prohod. This is a battle in a mountain pass, where the army of Khan Krum built fortifications to hinder the escape of the Byzantine army. So I was thinking - the highlight of the Knights of Honor game is the maneuvering of armies on the strategic map, so I thought that it would be fit to have skills that impact that movement, to bring flavor and intrigue to this mechaninc. I don't know how to name this skill, maybe "Trapper" or some sort like that. The idea is that when your marshal has this skill, opportunities may pop up (just like the ones we saw about the merchant opportunities) where the trapper marshal will have the option to hinder or just slow down the movement of the enemy marshal on the strategic map. This would be extremely useful, when you are chasing an enemy army. There might be some restrictions, of course, perhaps making this skill work only on your own territory, where the population supports your cause.

Anyway I am interested to know what you all think about it. Can we make skills for the actual movement of armies, since this is a big part of the game?

Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

Kind Regards!

This sounds interesting. I really wouldn't mind something like movement slow in unfriendly territory.

As for marshall's skills - I have 2 ideas:

1. The opponent marshall cannot flee the battlfield (so the opponent either gets captured, killed or manages to fight his way to victory on the battle field) - so many times I ambush some enemy general on the edge of the sea, and if I leave them - they just try to plunder, but when I engage, they just retreat, and it goes to infinity.

2. "Scorched Earth Tactics" - if you are in your teritory, enemy marshalls move slower - this could delay the opponent so more reinforcements arive to deffend a province

I am not sure if any of these are implementable though.