Launch without the battles

Yavor

Since the rts battles will take a long time to make and complete, might I suggest to lauch the game without the battles actually being playable, and just autoresolvable. The battles may be added in a future update. Don't get me wrong, I love the rts battles of KoH, but if that is the thing that might cause delays, then I suppose it may be handled differently. I think that we will still get a good feel of the game with only playing on the strategic map. We all want to play the game and personally I don't care if it would be an early access and it would take longer for it to be complete.

Why am I suggesting this - well, as far as I have seen, most of the YouTubers play the game by autoresolving the battles, so I thought that it wouldn't hurt for tactical players like me to wait a little bit and not just add on to the delaying of the launch.

This is just a suggestion from my point of view. (And yes it is obvious that I am eagar to play KoH 2 🙂 )

Thank you for reading this! Stay safe and healthy!

Kind Regards! 

3 hours ago, Yavor said:

Since the rts battles will take a long time to make and complete, might I suggest to lauch the game without the battles actually being playable, and just autoresolvable.

I don't know, but it would seem to me that battles would be the least of the programming hurdles.  Getting the AI to properly work to win the game, to get all the new stuff working properly...  I think battles are the easiest of the problems to solve since much of it is already in the game already.  Much of the logic is being imported from KoH1.

So if we want to see a faster playable game, it would actually make more sense to just release the battle part.

Speaking as someone who loves playing the tactical battles (nine times out of 10 I will go in and fight the battles rather than auto resolve them), I would rather wait for the release of the full game (including the RTS battles) instead of purchasing a version of the game that’s only playable on the strategic map. That’s just me, though.