Not finding any need to make agreements

Lighthope

So been playing KoH again after a break.

What I have found, and I think others have noted this as well, is that there is precious little need to make any kind of agreements.

Every request for a trade agreement, break relations, attack a country, or even go on a crusade is automatically denied by me with little consequence.  Sure, maybe the other guy may think a little less of me, or maybe even the Pope excommunicates me.

But I don't care.  It really doesn't seem to affect anything.  I just go merrily on my way.  It's come to the point where I even start ignoring the messages they send me.  Just right click on them and gone.

Just take my two armies and roll stomp every other country.

Of course, if I want to make things interesting, I attack the Papacy. That tends to get on everyone's bad side.  Then I have armies coming from everywhere like ants.  Other than that, though...

Definitely looking forward to KoH2.  It will fill a hole that Total War has left since they abandoned the medieval period.  But decidedly want more depth in KoH2.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 8:08 PM, Lighthope said:

But I don't care.  It really doesn't seem to affect anything.  I just go merrily on my way.  It's come to the point where I even start ignoring the messages they send me.  Just right click on them and gone.

Yeah, I hope KoH2 will have a bit more complicated system or expand more on older one and more repercussions, but not toooo complicated. I love the simplicity of this game and I think thats what makes it special. No need for micromanagment and all that stuff

5 hours ago, DoVlaLegend said:

No need for micromanagment and all that stuff

Definitely not looking to micromanage.  We're not talking Civ III or Lords of the Realm I.  (Though LotR I was a cracking good game!)

5 hours ago, DoVlaLegend said:

I love the simplicity of this game

In its original form, maybe it was too simple.  This is why I greatly look forward to KoH2.  First-offs are always "Let's see what we can do" while first sequels are always "Now let's do what we always wanted to do."

So I think KoH2 is going to be the game they always wanted to do the first time but couldn't.  And it will also benefit from all the lessons they learned from the first one.

I just wanted to bring up the diplomacy thing again because its something we haven't heard much about. Maybe in the next Developer Diary maybe, huh?  *hint hint*