Crusader States

bilbobaggins764

• 2 weeks later...

In the first game crusade states did exist and they were able to be created. Although crusader states created during gameplay were not playable unless one uses cheat "bsswitch" (This also applies to Papacy which is unplayable). 

However the biggest problem with KoH I new crusader states is if they were founded on a province of different religion than Catholicism they will be that religion. So for example if Crusade conquered some Pagan province the new state will be Pagan both by population AND government. I hope in KOH II they will fix this and make government of the newly created state Catholic. It would be also cool to be able to continue to play the game as newly created state.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CroatianKnight said:

In the first game crusade states did exist and they were able to be created. Although crusader states created during gameplay were not playable unless one uses cheat "bsswitch" (This also applies to Papacy which is unplayable). 

However the biggest problem with KoH I new crusader states is if they were founded on a province of different religion than Catholicism they will be that religion. So for example if Crusade conquered some Pagan province the new state will be Pagan both by population AND government. I hope in KOH II they will fix this and make government of the newly created state Catholic. It would be also cool to be able to continue to play the game as newly created state.

I hope they fix the issue as well. I hope the crusader states and playable or at least can be created and play as them. 

• Like 1

I also found it annoying how you were not able to choose which marshal of yours will go to crusade unless you had pope in your court. So many times I would have all of troops have 3 stars and then pope calls for crushade. If I say no sooner or later I will be excommunicated. So I have to accept and then click x to return my marshal but his original troops now have no stars.

2 hours ago, CroatianKnight said:

I also found it annoying how you were not able to choose which marshal of yours will go to crusade unless you had pope in your court. So many times I would have all of troops have 3 stars and then pope calls for crushade. If I say no sooner or later I will be excommunicated. So I have to accept and then click x to return my marshal but his original troops now have no stars.

That is somewhat historically however. It was really up to the lord to go not the king. I wish they had papael elctions like med 2 total war. 

On 11/29/2021 at 2:49 PM, bilbobaggins764 said:

That is somewhat historically however. It was really up to the lord to go not the king. I wish they had papael elctions like med 2 total war. 

Ah, I see. Well it would be nice to have some controll over it. Maybe those who have "zealous" should be more likely to go to crusade. 

And yes Papal elections should definitely be a thing. Papacy itself should have its own mechanics and, as I seen on the map, correct shape of the province. I think border with Naples is a bit weird. 

On 12/3/2021 at 5:29 AM, CroatianKnight said:

Ah, I see. Well it would be nice to have some controll over it. Maybe those who have "zealous" should be more likely to go to crusade. 

And yes Papal elections should definitely be a thing. Papacy itself should have its own mechanics and, as I seen on the map, correct shape of the province. I think border with Naples is a bit weird. 

yeah you should get certain benifits or influance if your cardinal gets elected. 

• Like 1