System Requirements

Zoantrophy

- Hello dear developers, I have a question. Could you tell us a little bit of system requirements to play KoH?
- Nah, you're not allowed to know that yet!
- *writes bskinti cheat to raise the influence quick*
- what the hell, still no
- bsswitch
- Alright, we could tell some info.

but on serious note, I searched forums for it, the search didn't give anything. So here is a question.

I know that at current moment you couldn't know for sure and specify exact requirements, but it can be said vaguely?
Minumum ones for now, would be need more than 4gb of RAM, 4-thread processors starting from i-5/ryzen or Quad Cores/old AMDs can make it. Will we need an GTX more than >7** and etc.

Because I liked Knights of Honor a lot, were playing it a long time from 2005. It's been my favorite disk, a friend wanted to trade it in my childhood for 10 another games on disks, but I didn't accept it 😄 and I been playing ever since. Even in army I found old PC to play at nights xd So I want to buy KoH2, but suppose i'll need to upgrade a bit my PC, that's why question appeared.

with best regards, Zoantrophy.

• Like 1

• THQ Nordic

Game optimizations are an ongoing process, so it's difficult to tell you minimum and recommended specs at this time. What may be possible is if you send over your old machine's specs I could ask the programming team if they think the machine will work. There are a lot of options to help players with lower-end machines access the game by turning off different visual features, but the game can also be CPU intensive due to so many things happening in the world, and settings can't really impact that. We're definitely working hard to support the widest range of hardware while not compromising on gameplay.

6 hours ago, THQN Brad said:

Game optimizations are an ongoing process, so it's difficult to tell you minimum and recommended specs at this time. What may be possible is if you send over your old machine's specs I could ask the programming team if they think the machine will work. There are a lot of options to help players with lower-end machines access the game by turning off different visual features, but the game can also be CPU intensive due to so many things happening in the world, and settings can't really impact that. We're definitely working hard to support the widest range of hardware while not compromising on gameplay.

CPU - Quad Core Q6600 2.40GHz (can boost it a bit)
GPU - GTS 250 1GB (could upgrade it to some GTX 550 ti or smth)
RAM - 4GB (motherboard won't support more)
and got an SSD for such games.

So it's really interesting for me if I would be able to play with this configuration, even if it's needed with bit of boost/gpu upgrade I told above or should I prepare myself and finally build a new, worthy PC xd

Thank you for taking a time to answer.

On 9/2/2020 at 11:46 PM, Carlos V said:

I am hoping my laptop can run it too!

I have a Nitro 5 with:

-Intel Core i5-8th gen-

-GTX 1050

-1TB HDD (no SDD)

-8GB of ram

I hope it will be enough to run it at least on medium settings! loved the first game

I am just comparing my system to yours and hoping that you aren't serious and this is some kind of sarcasm or irony that I cannot understand.
If it's not..well, I don't know what to think anymore xd

20 minutes ago, Zoantrophy said:

I am just comparing my system to yours and hoping that you aren't serious and this is some kind of sarcasm or irony that I cannot understand.
If it's not..well, I don't know what to think anymore xd

I am not being ironic. I am curious about the requisites, after all it's a 2020 game. I can't run Total War: ToB for example, at least not properly.

KoH it's not suposed to be as heavy as Total War, but we don't know until someone makes an official announcement.

• Developers
On 8/28/2020 at 11:05 PM, Zoantrophy said:

CPU - Quad Core Q6600 2.40GHz (can boost it a bit)
GPU - GTS 250 1GB (could upgrade it to some GTX 550 ti or smth)
RAM - 4GB (motherboard won't support more)
and got an SSD for such games.

So it's really interesting for me if I would be able to play with this configuration, even if it's needed with bit of boost/gpu upgrade I told above or should I prepare myself and finally build a new, worthy PC xd

Thank you for taking a time to answer.

I hate to say it, but this is quite old machine. The GPU is even weaker than the onboard Intel UHD 630 GPUs.  The game would probably run on it, but it will be "a slideshow" - not big fun to play like that. GTX 550 is slightly better, but I wouldn't recommend you spending hard earned cash on something that old.

5 hours ago, frujin said:

I hate to say it, but this is quite old machine. The GPU is even weaker than the onboard Intel UHD 630 GPUs.  The game would probably run on it, but it will be "a slideshow" - not big fun to play like that. GTX 550 is slightly better, but I wouldn't recommend you spending hard earned cash on something that old.

Well, I wanted to find a less painfull way to run it on minimum specs.
not a huge gamer to spend "hard earned cash" on fully new PC or gaming netbook, because not that much of a time I have and only few games I playing rarely.
will see if I can handle it when KoH2 comes out.

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2020 at 4:55 PM, THQN Brad said:

Hello, today is officially more than one year has passed since I've asked about system requirements.
Many things happened in my life, lost some family members, changed 2 jobs, failed in relationships for more than once and FINALLY bought a car and new PC.

Now you can release it guys, sorry for being that long.

with best regards, Zoantrophy.