Quality Of Life Suggestions

stratysi

Loving this game so far, but there are a few quality of life improvements that would make it sweeter!

1. Sovereign Chronology:
    Currently there is just a number to show how many generations of leaders of your nation there has been. An additional screen/tab to show past family tree or at least the chronology of the Kings gone by would be nice.
  2. Foreign Relations: 
    When you mouse over the opinion bar of another nation to see how much they like/hate you, it would be useful to see a tooltip showing what stats contribute to that opinion, in the same way that reasons are listed in the "Great Powers" screen as to why the big boys support you or not.
  3. Map zoom:
    As many other have said, zooming in and out from the campaign map and battle map needs improvement.
  4. More Diplomacy Options:
    There are a few gaps here, for example demanding vassalization of a nation when not at war, or demanding they become part of your nation if culture is high and opinion is good.
  5. Loyalist Rebels:
    If Loyalist rebels completely take over a nation, including controlling the city/cities, surely the leadership of that nation should be overthrown. I had a situation playing as Castile where neighbouring Portugal (1 province) had lost control of Porto to loyalist rebels and there were three loyalist rebel armies wandering aimlessly about the countryside but the old King of Portugal remained in power. Shouldn't the nation immediately join yours once loyalist rebels take full control?
Edited by stratysi
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

option to turn on/off rebellions by the nobles if the King has no sons.

option for marshals to age and die

option to marry the king to a local girl more frequently and bigger more productive families

chance no son will be born

map zoom ++ more zoom on combat map would be really nice, and rotation!

diplomacy, i cant seem to give land away, let alone barter it back to a country after seizing it

chronology/history review would be cool

bigger crusader armies, option to donate army to join crusade, option to join armies under 1 crusader to a max of say 3 armies?

golden horde should have a special invasion/crusade

option to pay the pope to let you launch a crusade, or declare a religious war against a faction and get bonuses (Teutonic knights ie)

option to add 12 building slots to every town, or 16, in the game setup settings. It would be nice if we had more basic options here in general, like "low/medium/high" upkeep for armies/costs, or low/medium/high taxes, happiness, trade, etc. would let us customize games a lot easier and test balance and develop better mods easier. option to make the ai harder without giving it economic bonuses. battles could also be easy/med/hard

option to setup min/max number of settlements, occurance, and distribution, as well as resource amount low/medium/high and on resources an option to toggle that each faction gets 1 unique resource no other faction gets for example.

great game! looking forward to updates, DLC and expansions :) don't gouge us to hard though. if you expand the mod system this game has vast potential. be really cool if we could colonize the new world and have a bigger map for that eventually, and/or make a global map that adds asia.

A few times I have clicked "Break royal ties" by accident (in the kingdom demand/offer menu) - it would be lovely if the answers in those menus are squared in boxes and even better, if keyboard shortcuts are added for navigating the "newsfeed".

Right now, I'm missing information about the countries that I can create after capturing the territory:
- What regions need to be captured in order to create the Russian State?
- What regions need to be captured in order to create Byzantium?
- Can I, as Byzantium, capture the necessary regions and create the Roman Empire?

In Hearts of Iron 4, this is shown very clearly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, CroatianKnight said:

I don't understand why this is not a thing, I think most players tried to restore Rome in the first game and got disappoined, maybe in future they add it

Of course, when I saw the message about the restoration of Byzantium (Although it would be more correct to call the Eastern Roman Empire, Byzantium is a modern term like Kievan Rus). So my first thought was - can I restore Rome completely? It was so logical that the people who called themselves Romans wanted all of Rome back.

6 hours ago, Crecer13 said:

Of course, when I saw the message about the restoration of Byzantium (Although it would be more correct to call the Eastern Roman Empire, Byzantium is a modern term like Kievan Rus). So my first thought was - can I restore Rome completely? It was so logical that the people who called themselves Romans wanted all of Rome back.

Yeah I think this was a missed opportunity both in the first game and now. However in one gameplay devs formed Latium so maybe one should play as Latium to restore Rome? I mean when it comes to uniting or restoring a kingdom Roman Empire is one of the first things many think of so why isn't it in the game?