Province loyalty change?

Swifty

Got a message that a foreign province wishes to be under my rule.  Message says to come on over with my army and I will be greeted with bread.  I do so, but can't enter the town (it belongs to another kingdom), and I don't see any option to affect the province/town.  What did I miss about this message?  Am I supposed to do something, or is this message misleading?

Thanks in advance

After experimenting about the province that informed me they wished to be under my rule, I stumbled into the diplomacy screen with the other kingdom.  In the Demand - Land option, said province was listed.  When I demanded it the other kingdom gave it to me for gold and a promised marriage of my prince.  If this is the intended procedure to gain a foreign province that informs you they wish to be under your rule the game message should lead you into diplomacy rather than saying to march your army there.

15 hours ago, Swifty said:

Got a message that a foreign province wishes to be under my rule.  Message says to come on over with my army and I will be greeted with bread.  I do so, but can't enter the town (it belongs to another kingdom), and I don't see any option to affect the province/town.  What did I miss about this message?  Am I supposed to do something, or is this message misleading?

Thanks in advance

If you took over the town by invading/at war with the country/province then you would not have to change the town authority when you take it over. In the previous KOH1, you could demand land from a country without any claims. In KOH2, you can only demand land if the town is loyal to your crown. 

8 hours ago, jdatkin4 said:

If you took over the town by invading/at war with the country/province then you would not have to change the town authority when you take it over. In the previous KOH1, you could demand land from a country without any claims. In KOH2, you can only demand land if the town is loyal to your crown. 

Oh I actually kind of like that like some sort of claim mechanic

3 hours ago, Lighthope said:

In KoH1, you used to be able to demand land without per-conditions.  I much preferred it that way.

Well I can understand the appeal of the first game mechanic however I wish player had more control over it. So you ask for x-province and they demand y-province for that, pretty much ususal. But if you don't want to give them y I would suggest that, instead of it being a final deal, you should be able to offer z-province instead or a lot of money.

That is better than constantly asking them x-province and cancelling in hope they may finally demand some other province instead of ones you don't want to give up.