Theological Debates

bilbobaggins

Groups like the Dominicans, Franciscans, scholastic scholars and yes Inquisitors went around debating heretics, Jews, and Muslims in an attempt to convert them. Saint Francis traveled all the way to Egypt just to pick a theological fight with Muslims.

In Med 2 TW the only option you had as a priest or bishop regarding a heretic in your lands was to try them and either burn them, or they might convert you . Perhaps there could be an option where you could offer a debate with a heretic, or Imam and the winner might convert part of the population if they win.

12 minutes ago, bilbobaggins said:

For conversion correct? It is not the conversion that i am asking for but the method. It could add another layer/method to the conversion process. 

I think I know what you're suggesting. I guess I could go along with it. Just like other events that pop up from time to time.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lighthope said:

I think I know what you're suggesting. I guess I could go along with it. Just like other events that pop up from time to time.

I think it should be a rare occurrence. Perhaps a trait could allow certain Imams or priests to debate, and when two opposing beliefs have a charector in the same providence with those traits, they could agree to debate. 

30 minutes ago, bilbobaggins said:

I think it should be a rare occurrence. Perhaps a trait could allow certain Imams or priests to debate, and when two opposing beliefs have a charector in the same providence with those traits, they could agree to debate. 

I don't see that happening.  That's too much minute detail for something that yields little reward for a lot of programming.

• Like 1