Royal Family

Borandil

Hello everybody, 

I have a question regarding the royal family. 

Will it be possible to take/exchange hostages from other royal families? 

For example winning a war against a kingdom and taking an infant prince as a hostage until he grows up. That will secure the peace for some time. 

I guess that the exchange of hostages can be applied for the captured marshals and spies too. 

I am really excited about the new game. 

Keep up the great work 😉

i am more concerned about, will there be any option that if king has only daughters  to make one of them as new leader of the nation, because in history of many nation there were woman leaders,   in my countries history there was King Tamar, a woman, in fact she was so strong in all aspects that instead of title Queen she was known as a King, 

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/georgia/articles/a-brief-history-of-georgias-only-female-king/

P.S.  in KOH you can choose which of the sons will get the throne depending on their pluses and minuses, but for real their skills did not change the game that much, will this feature still be available in KOH 2 and if so will it remain the same or will it be changed, you know like in some rpg games depending on your skills you have additional options in dialogue window, what i mean is like  if king has 3 stars in war mastery the army will be more stronger or will have better morale during this particular  king, or if king has 3 stars in diplomacy the peace treaty or any other diplomacy features will be easier to execute, but if king has let's say 0 stars in diplomacy  he will never be able to make alliance pact with another kingdom etc. 

15 minutes ago, AntiStar said:

i am more concerned about, will there be any option that if king has only daughters  to make one of them as new leader of the nation, because in history of many nation there were woman leaders,   in my countries history there was King Tamar, a woman, in fact she was so strong in all aspects that instead of title Queen she was known as a King, 

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/georgia/articles/a-brief-history-of-georgias-only-female-king/

P.S.  in KOH you can choose which of the sons will get the throne depending on their pluses and minuses, but for real their skills did not change the game that much, will this feature still be available in KOH 2 and if so will it remain the same or will it be changed, you know like in some rpg games depending on your skills you have additional options in dialogue window, what i mean is like  if king has 3 stars in war mastery the army will be more stronger or will have better morale during this particular  king, or if king has 3 stars in diplomacy the peace treaty or any other diplomacy features will be easier to execute, but if king has let's say 0 stars in diplomacy  he will never be able to make alliance pact with another kingdom etc. 

Yes but only in special cases, don't make this another falsification of history with so much female protagonism where there was almost none.

3 minutes ago, Triarii said:

Yes but only in special cases, don't make this another falsification of history with so much female protagonism where there was almost none.

that is why i inserted a link there,    there has been queen katherine in russia, or cleopatra in egypt etc. 

why i said was  i had case several times my leader had 3 daughters but no son, so after king has died  one of my  upgraded marshals got taken away to become the next king ))  not the best feeling 🙂  btw    will  non royal family playable characters be still "immune" to aging or will they get old and die of old age as kings does ? :))

On 2/6/2020 at 8:20 PM, Triarii said:

I think it's not the case for "so much female protagonism", but the queen skills should have some wheight when the king is absent (in crusades, long wars, trading etc.). If she have enough authority she could be the regent if the heirs are still babies when the king dies and so on. Royal weddings are already a great diplomatic tool in KOH, there is no doubt that female characters could be better used as diplomatic emissaries (specially if they are originated from other royal families) or spies.

• Like 1