Real time battle are an big thing

Lordwari

Don't understand why so many people wish them to cut that feature out. If they don't have real time battle, i can just play any paradox game, because the look of it so far the game doesn't so deep or advance mechanics as paradox game. Knights of honor was the perfect blend between total war and an paradox game, by cutting out the battle it really boils down to another dynasti building game with spreadsheat numbers in it. 

Also have they confirmed either that the battles are cut or not cut? 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 4:36 PM, William Blake said:

Real time battles should be available in a single player. At least this is our current understanding. Real time battles were cut from multiplayer due to timing issues for multiple players and overall length of games.

let's just say that this just killed all my hype for this game... if there's already Crusader kings 3 as the main big medieval grand strategy game without rts battles why shoul i move on this one?

Edited by TheLastTank
  • Confused 1

they could've simply made them a toggleable option at the start of the game (so peaple who don't want to have them can play without them)  and make them pause time when they start and have all other players spectate like in the age of wonders saga (which is turn based but the concept it's the same)

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, TheLastTank said:

if there's already Crusader kings 3 as the main big medieval grand strategy game without rts battles why shoul i move on this one?

I played the original Knights of Honor. I played Crusader Kings II and Crusader Kings III. I played Total War: Three Kingdoms, Total War: Shogun 2 and Total War: Rome 2. Knights of Honor is so much more fun than all the others (to me). Don't get me wrong, having real-time battles in multiplayer would've been nice, but even without it I think that Knights of Honor II: Sovereign will be a more fun game (to me) than all the others.

Did you play the first Knights of Honor? How did you like it?

• Like 4