Map history question

GwennBlei

Hi there ! I'm really interested in the game, and looking forward to try it, as I am in most medieval strategy games, but as a Breton, I'm really puzzled by something. Why does the map of Brittany not include Nantes ? In this time period the Nantes County was part of Brittany  the land was only split much later in the twentieth century, under French rule. There were some times with some rebellious counts of Nantes but that was earlier, at each of the three starting dates, Nantes was part of the Duchy. I'm always happy to see a game featuring Brittany, but seeing this map looks super weird to me as this city was the economic powerhouse of the Duchy for most of it's History, and often the seat of political power. Truth be told, without it, it would probably not have retained as much autonomy as it did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CroatianKnight said:

Hm maybe they could make it an another province (maybe slightly bigger than Calais) and owned by Brittany. This would also make conquering Britanny a bit more difficult. 

Update: I think it may already be on the map now when I looked at it better. Well then they could just make it owned by Britanny

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GwennBlei said:

Hi there ! I'm really interested in the game, and looking forward to try it, as I am in most medieval strategy games, but as a Breton, I'm really puzzled by something. Why does the map of Brittany not include Nantes ? In this time period the Nantes County was part of Brittany  the land was only split much later in the twentieth century, under French rule. There were some times with some rebellious counts of Nantes but that was earlier, at each of the three starting dates, Nantes was part of the Duchy. I'm always happy to see a game featuring Brittany, but seeing this map looks super weird to me as this city was the economic powerhouse of the Duchy for most of it's History, and often the seat of political power. Truth be told, without it, it would probably not have retained as much autonomy as it did.

Le breton tu va pas nous les briser si ont doit raler sur tous les decoupages non académiques on va refaire toutes les provinces du jeux. Vous etes français messieurs et vous ne ressemblez en rien à des Bretons du 12ème siècle va falloir l'imprimer ça. 😜

Edited by Tyrioneru

20 hours ago, Tyrioneru said:

Le breton tu va pas nous les briser si ont doit raler sur tous les decoupages non académiques on va refaire toutes les provinces du jeux. Vous etes français messieurs et vous ne ressemblez en rien à des Bretons du 12ème siècle va falloir l'imprimer ça. 😜

This is completely unrelated to this topic. I didn't ask for a French nationalist opinion, just made a comment about a historical point in a game set in history.

On 12/14/2022 at 12:16 PM, GwennBlei said:

This is completely unrelated to this topic. I didn't ask for a French nationalist opinion, just made a comment about a historical point in a game set in history.

Ok my bad, maybe you do not have all subtilty of the French language and can't understand different level in this sentences. In this case third degree.

My point was with this type of size provinces you can’t get and exact frontier as it was at a special time. Do you believe the current polish border in the game is accurate ? It’s not, and this is the same for Anatolia provinces, Albania etc…

But if your sensibility see this as French nationalism I can’t help you on this. 

Edited by Tyrioneru