Game is crashing in loading screen after choosing country

Good morning,

my KoH2 experience is not the best right now. i can't play any game, because the game is crashing allways, when i try to start a new game.

What I tried now: lowering resolution, lowering graphic settings, playing fullscreen/fullscreen window/window, launch property "thqno_overlay_disabled", verified game files via steam - nothing worked!
There is no Crash-Folder in Appdata.

I hope you can get my problem fixed anyhow, so I can play the game.

So long,
Mahribar

DxDiag.txt Player.log

• QA

Hello !
Could you please provide the following info and files :

-Player-prev.log (in C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\BlackSeaGames\Sovereign)
-A screenshot would also be needed
-What is the multi monitor setup + any streaming/recording software if used ?

1) Instructions for the 'Player-prev.log'
C:\Users\NAME\AppData\LocalLow\BlackSeaGames\Sovereign (where 'NAME' is your PC name)

Thank you !

Things that caught my eye glancing at dxdiag - Monitor is operating at 30hz when it's native is 60 and it's a very wide resolution... Are you spanning over multiple displays?  If so testing on single display is worthwhile.  Secondly, DPI is cranked to 300% - might be worth testing at the default values.

Probably unrelated, but your system is using Microsoft's default audio driver.  You may have a more appropriate driver for your specific sound chip/card.

If you're ever in Discord I'm in there on any given day for tech support.

Good evening,

thank you all very much for your respond. I've now found a solution for the problem:

When a game is loading, there are memory spikes up to 10GB uses RAM. after closing everything in background, expecially chrome (which is using a lot of RAM for me, because of many tabs) the game is loading fine. I just can't run anything at background.

To the question of framerate: I'm using no monitor for my PC. It is a TV. Sometimes the TV starts flickering, when the framerate goes higher than 59KhZ, that's why i cap games almost at 30FPS. 

The problem in case was the memory. I really have to upgrade my system 😉

Mahribar

1 hour ago, Mahribar said:

Good evening,

thank you all very much for your respond. I've now found a solution for the problem:

When a game is loading, there are memory spikes up to 10GB uses RAM. after closing everything in background, expecially chrome (which is using a lot of RAM for me, because of many tabs) the game is loading fine. I just can't run anything at background.

To the question of framerate: I'm using no monitor for my PC. It is a TV. Sometimes the TV starts flickering, when the framerate goes higher than 59KhZ, that's why i cap games almost at 30FPS. 

The problem in case was the memory. I really have to upgrade my system 😉

Mahribar

This is the same solution I've figured on my own as well. I'll add that after the initial loading of the game, I am free to open anything else in the background. No issues saving/loading from there until I relaunch the game. I'm guessing it's a case-to-case basis whether a computer can still handle some background apps before or after, but there's certainly something about the initial load that hogs memory.