Royal Bloodline

Sherlocks

I really enjoy the game, and have a lot of fun with the royal relations and courts. However, I only have one big gripe with the current state of this system: please, for the love of all things good, increase the likelihood of a king getting married and producing an heir. I have played maybe 5 campaigns and out of them, I have successfully had a decently-long line of succession in the first 2 campaigns. 

This is quite annoying because the king either takes too long to get married, they don't birth a prince before he dies, or they do produce and heir, but by the time he dies, the heir is not old enough and some random knight gets selected as the new king.

I understand there is an option to slow the leader's aging, but there is no reason why my adult knight (now king because the previous king died and had no heir) cannot find a wife and have a child within his lifetime.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, Sherlocks said:

I really enjoy the game, and have a lot of fun with the royal relations and courts. However, I only have one big gripe with the current state of this system: please, for the love of all things good, increase the likelihood of a king getting married and producing an heir. I have played maybe 5 campaigns and out of them, I have successfully had a decently-long line of succession in the first 2 campaigns. 

This is quite annoying because the king either takes too long to get married, they don't birth a prince before he dies, or they do produce and heir, but by the time he dies, the heir is not old enough and some random knight gets selected as the new king.

I understand there is an option to slow the leader's aging, but there is no reason why my adult knight (now king because the previous king died and had no heir) cannot find a wife and have a child within his lifetime.

I partially agree here. Partially, because for once, IRL sometimes people can't just produce offspring, and I like to have that variable as part of the game. Having said that... I think that to preserve the bloodline, the Royal Court members that are part of the royal bloodline should be given preference over the ones that were only hired. Now, it was good to see that KoH 2 improved on this, and the siblings of the current king stay in the royal court and will take over the king role if the king doesn't produce any offspring. But I'd still like to think that any royal court member that came from the royal family, maybe couple of generations ago, have a higher claim to the title than someone that was just hired from the streets.