How does auto-battle work?

JoeJohnsen

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, JoeJohnsen said:

Hi,

just asking, which factors do have impact on auto-battles?

For me it seems that army size is the main factor and other factors arent that important. 

- Unit class? 

- Army mixture? (f. e. speer counter horse?)

- Army size?

- Skills of marshall?

How to you get that impression? I have played 20 some hours and always played out the battles in the beginning. Now, the armies are larger and thus it is very difficult to control the battles. ThereforeI try to increase the quality of my troops using some mercenaries of good quality as an addtion to the best troops I can recruit. From what I have experienced better quality troops win against for example a eight unit archer army. (The AI seem to prefer archers in armies). So yes, size matters and quality of the unit matters. I think marshall skill mattes too, although I can't verify it without more gameplay.

On 6/19/2022 at 11:40 PM, bilbobaggins764 said:

The speed of the armies, boats, and trade on the campaign map seems to be way to fast. You could be invaded from across the Mediterranean before you even noticed.

Even the normal speed seems very fast. Maybe a half speed option could be added for us older guys?

A very good idea !